rewrite this content and keep HTML tags
The first week of September brought more rumors to the mill for the usual suspects. The iPhone 15 series will offer camera upgrades across the board, with the 15 and 15 Plus getting brand new 48MP Sony sensors with a stacked design and an nf/1.6 aperture. The second shooter on the back will be the same old 12MP, f/2.4 ultrawide. We have prepared a more detailed article on what you can expect which you can check here. The 15 Pro will retain the 48MP main shooter from its predecessor but is rumored to be joined by an improved 13MP f/2.4 ultra-wide lens. The 15 Pro Max will get the biggest update with a new 12.7MP periscope lens (1/1.9″ sensor; f/2.8 aperture) with 5x optical zoom. We also have dummy units for all four iPhone 15 series devices seen confirming Dynamic Islands on the non-pros and the new action buttons on the pro models.
Google has displayed the Pixel 8 Pro in full glory on its own website in detailed rendering. The flagship Pixel will be available in Licorice, Porcelain, and Sky colors, and we got more confirmation of the previously leaked design. Google is also rumored to release Android 14 at the Pixel 8 launch event on October 4.
Samsung has announced Thom Browne Editions of its Galaxy Z Fold5 and Watch6. The Samsung Galaxy S24 is rumored to get a titanium frame, upgraded 200MP main and 50MP telephoto cameras, and a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip.
Oppo launched its A38 mid-ranger with a Helio G85 chipset, 50MP main camera, 90Hz IPS LCD, and a 5,000mAh battery with 33W fast charging. The device comes in black and gold colors, but we still don’t have any pricing and availability details.
Motorola launched the G54 with two versions – one for China and a slightly different model for India. Both Motos feature 6.5” IPS LCDs (120Hz), MediaTek’s Dimensity 7020 chipset, and 50MP main cameras. The Indian model brings a larger 6,000mAh battery with 33W charging, while the Chinese version relies on a 5,000mAh cell with 15W charging.
Xiaomi will launch its 13T series on September 26, and we have received confirmation that both the 13T and 13T Pro will receive Android 4 updates and 5 years of security fixes.
Motorola will announce its Edge 40 Neo on September 14.
Here are all the biggest stories from the past week:
– The device appears in the Arab Emirates.
– The 15 and 15 Plus get a bump to 48MP, the Pro and Pro Max get new ultrawides, the Pro Max gets a periscope.
– The 3D walkthrough reveals the Pixel 8 Pro’s three colors as well as its sensors.
– The new vanilla models will have USB-C and dynamic islands, plus 48MP main cameras – but no 120Hz refresh rate.
– This is not entirely new, but there have been some conflicting reports – e.g. the 65W charging upgrade may not occur.
– The range is expected to consist of two phones – 13T and 13T Pro.
– It’s worried that there will be a repeat of the 30-pin to Lightning switch when people were upset that their old accessories are now obsolete.
– There are minor variations, but they share a 6.5-inch 120Hz IPS LCD and a Dimensity 7020 SoC.
– It is rumored to launch in China in December and make its international debut in January 2024.
– And once again boast the new, rather dull colors of the 2023 generation.
– It comes with Samsung’s own One UI 5 Watch on top.
– Are foldable flip phones better than the existing bars?
– The starting price in China would be CNY8,999 for the 512GB version.
– It was first expected in August, then in September, but it looks like it may drop in October.
– It’s not a new colorway, it was announced at the launch. However, India was originally given only three of the four options.
– The duo will be unveiled on September 26.
– The company is sending out invitations for a “splash” launch.
– The phone will offer 68W fast charging, like its predecessor.
– It will be available in limited numbers with “expert craftsmanship and premium details”.
– The ban probably also extends to other devices of foreign brands.
– The smaller S9 FE will be €550, and the 12.4” Plus version is listed at €750.
– We take a closer look at the transparent ACEFAST 65W GaN3 charger.
– MediaTek will launch its 3nm chips based on TSMC’s process technology for smartphones, tablets, intelligent cars, and other devices from H2 2024.
– Is the Watch Series 8 worth buying after a year with the Watch Series 9 just around the corner? Let’s find out with this long-term review.
– The Xiaomi 14 Pro and Xiaomi 14 could be launched as soon as the first week of November.