At the wheel of his MINI John Cooper Works Rally domestically, in Saudi Arabia, Yasir Seaidan has won the Sharqiah Baja, the third race of the FIA World Cup Cross Country Bajas. Seaidan was 13:38 ahead of the Czech Miroslav Zapletal (Ford F-150 Evo). Third place went to another home rider, Saleh Al-Saif (Can-Am).
The Belgian Overdrive Racing saw top favorite Yazeed Al-Rajhi (Toyta Hilux Overdrive Racing) retire on the final day after a crash. Al-Rajhi and his co-pilot Michael Orr were taken to hospital as a precaution. For Yasir Seaidan it was his first World Cup victory.
The next Baja is Jordan’s. The competition will be held in two weeks, from March 18 to 20.
1. Yasir Seaidan/Alexey Kuzmich) MINI John Cooper Works Rally 4u 05min 27sec
2. Miroslav Zapletal / Marek Sykora Ford F-150 Evo +13: 38
3. Saleh Al-Saif / Oriol Vidal Can-Am Maverick (T4) +22: 10
4. Meshari Al-Thefiri /Ali Hassan Obaid Can-Am Maverick X3 (T4) +54:31
5. Saeed Al-Mouri / Sergio Lafuente) Can-Am Maverick X3 (T4) +57: 10
6. Claude Fournier)/Szymon Gospodarczyk Can-Am Maverick X3 (T4) +1.00:10
7. Erik van Loon / Sébastien Delaunay Toyota Hilux Overdrive +1.05: 10